Links: Silence, Sci-Fi, Street Art, Abbreviations
July 15, 2011
- Common Sci-Fi musical instruments. It’s like a cliché convention.
- An essay on why microphone should be abbreviated Mike.
- I really like when people give an insight into the process of creation. Here’s a draft form of J. M. Gerraughty’s “Overbite”
- A flickr set of 20th Century avant-garde book covers.
- The Tank is moving and needs funds to make it a reality.
- Cory Doctorow in a very well written essay on how the Internet changed publishing.
- Wheat pasted QR codes in Berlin that play music. Really cool.
- Jeremy Denk says classical music can be funny.
- What Radiolab looks like.
- Alex Ross discusses the current state of NYCO after their 2011-2012 season announcement.
- “Webern was the last composer before the advent of air conditioning.” Daniel Wolf on silence in music and pairing new music to spaces.
- What happens when corporations write music. I’m a Tractor Driving Man!
- Street artist Swoon has a new project incorporating music that is happening in New Orleans.